Tuesday, January 6, 2009

And lastly,

Ok, before I begin I may need to apologize for any blog bumbling. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to post but hopefully I have it mastered now.
My name is Lisa and I am from Kansas City. I am a yet-to-be-published author with a current interest in YA fiction. I have completed one MS and am in the process of working on another. I have also written a short story which I have submitted to a local magazine, but I haven't heard from them yet.
My interest in writing has been longstanding, but dormant. I went into a more practical field initially (I am an OB/GYN) and am just now getting back into the swing of writing on a regular basis. My current project is a YA fiction novel about teen pregnancy. I wrote it for my girls (who are 10 and 13),and based it on some of the things I have seen in my practice.
I am married to a great guy and we will celebrate 18 years together this month. We have 4 kids (2 girls then 2 boys) who keep us busy with music, scouts, and sports.
I look forward to working with all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the introduction. Michael Crichton based his books on his medical experience, and we know where that took him. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete