An online critique group for the future J.K. Rowling's of the literary universe
Friday, February 5, 2010
I did it
I entered the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest again. I told myself that since I entered last year and only made it through round one, that I wasn't going to bother to enter again. However, I caved in to the urge to at least look at this year's information. It turns out that this year they are awarding prizes for 2 categories: general and YA. I couldn't believe that YA had its own category this year!!!! I was so psyched that I entered. I'm not holding my breath or anything, but maybe I'll get a little farther than last year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, congrats for taking the plunge again, Lisa! I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you. Isn't there a stage of the contest where readers get to weigh in? Let us know when that happens and we will definitely be your biggest cheerleaders!
ReplyDeleteYou can't win if you don't enter! I chickened out of the Amazon contest because I would have had to do some massive rewriting to have the word-count. My little MG novel just didn't meet the YA standards. You might also check out the Crested Butte writing contest, The Sandy...the deadline is this week, but if you've got the entry ready for Amazon, you should be good to go! (My husband's former stepmother and his sister live in Crested Butte which is how I found out about it.) You get excellent feedback on your entry, too!
ReplyDeleteI am rooting for you. Let us know if we can help.
ReplyDeleteSo I made it to round 2 this year, and then got two critiques. I was a little disappointed in one of them. It sounded like the person didn't even read the excerpt. Makes me wonder who is critiquing these and what qualifications they really have.
ReplyDelete