Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Waiting Game

With four still outstanding queries (3 were "e-jections"), a contest entry, and an application to a writer's intensive out there, I have come to realize how much I hate the waiting game.

5 comments:

  1. Then keep writing and you won't think about it.

    Which did you submit? Your newest project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waiting game = total suckage.

    :o)

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you with the SCBWI Carolinas contests! I sent in my submissions today. It looks like we'll hear in a couple weeks about the conference, but it'll be MONTHS before the writing contest winners are announced.

    Indeed, I hate the waiting game, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I submitted J.T. Middleton for the SCBWI Carolinas contest and conference. I submitted both J.T. and Troll Quest to an agent's contest. I still have four agents who have not responded to my queries (but it's only been one month).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Troll Quest is a shoe in! Have you finished it or are you gifted at writing first drafts perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Troll Quest's first 7 chapters have been edited about 3 times. (Sometimes I don't have time to devote to getting into a chapter, so I revise.) All chapters are planned out, but I've been so swamped at work with the book fair, being a staff trainer, and being captain of our Relay for Life team that I'm worn out when I get home! I'm glad you like TQ!

    ReplyDelete