Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reject

I received a rejection letter. When is it time to give up and admit you have no talent?

3 comments:

  1. One rejection = one opinion. With millions of people in the world, a few rejections do not mean you have no talent! In fact, having read Spirit Prisoners, I know you have talent. (By the way, although I have no influence in the publishing world, my positive opinion cancels out the rejection!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took Colleen Lindsay at Fine Print exactly 47 minutes to reject my query yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I totally agree with Stephanie. One rejection = only one person's opinion. Remember: it only takes one agent to offer representation!

    I was feeling pretty dejected earlier this week too. I even told my husband that I was giving up on novel-writing altogether. (Yeah, sometimes I can be way dramatic!) But he reminded me how much I love writing and he asked me if I really wanted to give it up.

    And I know I never stop doing this. Even if STARLIGHT never sees the light of day, I'll write another book. And if that never gets published, I'll write another one after that. Damn it, one day I will succeed!

    Anyway, keep your chin up! You're a talented writer and you shouldn't give up. Ever. :o)

    ReplyDelete