An online critique group for the future J.K. Rowling's of the literary universe
Thursday, October 1, 2009
NaNoWriMo
Alright, ladies, NaNoWriMo is only a month away! (National Novel Writing Month) Who else is planning on participating? We have all fourth graders at our school planning their novels now so they can write like mad for a month!
What? No one else is planning to write 50,000 words in 30 days. :-)
Ladies, we've all written at least one book...what's one more? (And yes, I'm being a little bit silly with THAT question!)
Go to www.nanowrimo.org if you want to read about it and/or register. I've gotten my teacher packet for my students with my "I Eat Novels for Breakfast" button.
Haha. I was going to reply to this post, but writing 50,000 words in 30 days scares me a lot! But I think I'd like to try... :o) I really want to crank out my new book as soon as possible. Maybe NaNoWriMo is the kick in the pants I need!
I figure it's a great way for me to write a novel I outlined two years ago, put aside, and have never looked at since! Plus, I have to motivate every 4th grader to meet an individual goal...the fact that I have 50,000 words to their 2,000-4,000 helps them to feel confident about writing.
What? No one else is planning to write 50,000 words in 30 days. :-)
ReplyDeleteLadies, we've all written at least one book...what's one more? (And yes, I'm being a little bit silly with THAT question!)
Go to www.nanowrimo.org if you want to read about it and/or register. I've gotten my teacher packet for my students with my "I Eat Novels for Breakfast" button.
Haha. I was going to reply to this post, but writing 50,000 words in 30 days scares me a lot! But I think I'd like to try... :o) I really want to crank out my new book as soon as possible. Maybe NaNoWriMo is the kick in the pants I need!
ReplyDelete"I Eat Novels for Breakfast." Awesome!
I figure it's a great way for me to write a novel I outlined two years ago, put aside, and have never looked at since! Plus, I have to motivate every 4th grader to meet an individual goal...the fact that I have 50,000 words to their 2,000-4,000 helps them to feel confident about writing.
ReplyDeleteAnyone else besides Caroline and me?
I won't be doing this. I'm working on 5000 per month right now!
ReplyDelete