I sent one of my picture books to Sylvan Dell Publishing! They publish fiction picture books with strong tie-ins to science or math and that align to state curricula. (They put activities/lessons in the back of each book for teachers to use.)
No one at work understood my angst after I hit "send"...they don't understand it's like sending your child out into the cold, cruel world alone to get hurt and rejected! (Of course, we all hope they get loved and accepted!) We can only hope Phyllis Pine Cone is loved by all who get to know her!
Oh, GOOD LUCK! I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you and Phyllis Pine Cone! (Such a fun name, by the way.) Let us know the great news once you hear back from Sylvan--- because, obviously, they're going to publish your book!
ReplyDeleteCongrats for being organized enough to send out.
ReplyDeleteDo it! Do it! Okay, why am I not writing and sending.
Boo hiss. They didn't like it. Actually the response was:
ReplyDelete"Sorry but I think I'll pass on this."
Eight word rejection! Oh, well. Time to add it to the pile and move on to someone else!