Hi Everyone:
I have been reading Booklife by Jeff Vandermeer. He suggests authors have a blog to promote themselves. I had always thought that promoting doesn't come until after we are published, but had an idea.
According to Jeff, unless you intend to post an article every day, you won't get much mileage. At a minimum, you should post an article on your blog once a week.
What do you say to our creating a joint blog, wherein we each contribute and we can each invite an additional person to contribute?
Just an idea. I know I won't be capable of posting a life changing article every day. And I'm not so sure how useful having a promotional blog is until we are published. I have friends who post on blogs and send me copies of their articles through email. I usually, actually always, delete them without reading them and, if I really wanted to be honest, I send them encouraging messages even though I don't really read them. But maybe if we came up with an angle. Plus, we could plug our excerpts, I mean, manuscripts.
Okay. Bad idea. I agree. I am barely writing new material as it is.
ReplyDeleteI haven't been on here in the last week...just saw this today. I'm not sure on the idea, to be honest. If we could get a following going, it would be great publicity/name recognition. If we didn't get people following it, it'd be a lot like my own blog which I do for myself but don't always have anything "blog worthy" to put on it.
ReplyDeleteI'm game to try it, but not sure what I would say.
ReplyDelete