Monday, July 20, 2009

Why is waiting the hardest part?

I entered J.T Middleton in the Delacorte Dell Yearling Contest, and now I have to wait to hear how well they liked it. Of course, the longer I wait the more they liked it, so I don't really want to hear anything until October. However, I am not by nature a patient person!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, several steps in this process involve the waiting game, don't they? For me, I sent out several query letters to agents. Some of them took so long to get back to me (months) that I forgot that I had sent them or assumed that they weren't interested. Good news was that by the time I received my rejection it didn't hurt as much ;)
    Hope you get better news when you do hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Stephanie!

    Indeed, the waiting game is so tough, isn't it? I think it's one of the most frustrating parts of writing---checking your mailbox and inbox whenever you get the chance.

    Speaking of the Delacorte contest, I just got back from the Highlights Chautauqua Conference and one of the attendees there had won the contest last year! His book went on sale while we were at the conference. Very neat.

    ReplyDelete