Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Congratulations, Janet!

So I was just poking around Authonomy today and I saw that Janet's book SPIRIT PRISONERS has made it to the top five of the Editor's Desk!

CONGRATULATIONS!

If SPIRIT PRISONERS stays in the top five by the end of the month, then Janet will receive a critique (and possible offer of publication) from an editor at Harper Collins.

Pretty awesome, eh?

If you have some time, please sign up for an account at Authonomy and place SPIRIT PRISONERS onto your bookshelf. (This will make sense once you look at the site.) Every little bit counts, right?

Anyway, I'm definitely rooting for you, Janet!

6 comments:

  1. I'm rooting for you, too, Janet! That's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Everyone. First I have to thank Lisa for taking the initiative to post a request to start a critique group on SCBWI.

    Next I have to thank Stephanie for getting us motivated to form the group.

    Third I have to thank Caroline for sharing her organisation and knowledge which led me to www.authonomy.com.

    I won! I was the No 1 Talent Spotter for several weeks and then my excerpt placed No. 1 several weeks and in several catetories, then it placed No. 1 for the month earning a gold star and HC review AND I have the all time No 1 book over every book that has ever participated.

    This wouldn't have happened without all of you.

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wonderful! Getting the review makes all the time it took on authonomy worth it, I'm sure! My fingers (and toes) are crossed that they like it! (I'd cross my eyes, too, but I look funny enough hobbling around with crossed toes. I'd hate for the neighbors to think I was crazier than they already do! ;-P )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! That is fabulous Janet!!! I am so excited for you. I have been away from the computer for a while, so I'm a little late, but that is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, indeed! That is wonderful, wonderful news! Congratulations and keep us updated please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. Like I said, I love having a group and you've already helped me so much.

    Harper Collins has only selected 3 out of 60 to be published. Two of those had agents and many participants don't feel they count. But, at a minimum, I will recieve a professional critique of my first 10,000 words.

    I recommend all of you sign up. There are so many great writers on the site and they are extremely helpful. There is a lot of positive, loving energy on www.authonomy.com.

    Another negative for me, is that my work is focused on Florida and it's a British publication. A few people commented that Brits won't be interested in my story. We shall see, I guess.

    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete