Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So what's new?

Hey all! How are things going? Anything new and exciting on the writing horizon?

Personally, I have just received rejections from 2 querys AND a notification that sorry, I did not win in one of the contests I entered recently. (not that I was holding my breath or anything ;))

On the up side, I recently read The Graveyard Book... loved it. I also finally received my KINDLE...also love it!

Anyone else have news?

Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm happy to find somebody else who loved The Graveyard Book as much as I did! Yay! How do you like the Kindle by the way? Is it pretty easy to use? My husband is going on deployment in a month and he's talking about getting one.

    I'm sorry to hear about your rejections but I hope you keep submitting! I got rejected from Firebrand's query holiday a few weeks ago. Ah well. Got to keep our chins up, right?

    I finally finished writing Starlight, but now I have a lot of editing to do. And I'm still procrastinating on my query letter... I've written a couple paragraphs but they've all been sub-par. Ugh. I still hate query letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my "date" on the calendar to know if Clarion accepts/rejects my manuscript is April 1. (Ha, ha on me, huh? Can you imagine my reaction if they called me on that day?) I haven't heard from the writing contest yet, but they have until next week according to their website.

    I have actually started on a new MG fantasy novel about trolls, called Troll Quest for now. I have the entire outline done and 3-1/2 chapters of the 11 chapters! Of course, those are REALLY rough chapters.

    Caroline, where is your husband being deployed to? My Brownie troop is starting a collection of things to send in care packages to military personnel overseas.

    I haven't read The Graveyard Book yet...it's not suitable for our elementary library and that's usually how I read new books! (There are times I miss being in a middle school...we don't have the Twilight books either!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline,
    Love the Kindle. The only problem I see with it is that it is way too easy to buy new books! If I'm not careful, I'll go broke! It works great for me when I am on call. It is small enough to slip in my purse, something not always easily done with a book.

    Stephanie,
    I know what you mean about the contests. I am still waiting on the Amazon contest...waiting to see if I made the next big cut. Probably not, as YA is not very popular in that contest, but we'll see.
    I am also back to writing. I am working on Brainwaves, another YA novel. I am in the early stages. I have done some of my characterizations and some of the story, but I am feeling the need to outline a little more.

    Brownies, huh? I have a troop of Juniors. My oldest is a Cadet, but I'm not the leader for her troop. There's only so much time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie,

    My husband is heading to southeast Asia. That's so neat that your Brownie troop is sending care packages to military personnel! I always wanted to be a Brownie when I was a kid...

    Lisa,

    Don't even know what your new book is about, but love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline,
    The new book is about a teen girl who has just lost her mother to brain cancer. It is loosely based on a friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete